Sherpa K650T Turboprop
The turbine Sherpa (K650T) is our newest addition to the bush plane lineup. This amazing aircraft was designed and built by Byron Root and Glen Gordon and is now undergoing the arduous phases of certification. We tapped the Sherpa information sources and developed a set of models that closely follow the turbine Sherpa’s performance. It is impressive! With a proprietary airfoil and flap design, 3500 pound empty weight, 840 horsepower turning 110 inches of three-blade prop you know it has to be good.
Check out these stats:
- Takeoff (Half Fuel, Std Day, 2000’ MSL)
- No Flap lift Off and 60 MPH in 320 Feet
- 20 Flap (Optimum) Lift Off at 43 MPH in 200 Feet
- Distance to Clear 50’ Obstacle (Half Fuel, Std Day, 2000’ MSL)
- No Flap 60 MPH Climb Requires 800 Feet (30 Degrees Nose High)
- 20 Flap (Optimum) 50 MPH Climb Requires 510 Feet (30 Degrees Nose High)
- Landing (At Touch Down - Full Reverse Thrust No Brakes)
- No Flap – 70 MPH Approach at 3 Degrees – 450 Feet
- 10 Flap – 65 MPH Approach at 3 Degrees – 300 Feet
- 20 Flap – 60 MPH Approach at 3 Degrees – 280 Feet
- 30 Flap – 55 MPH Approach at 3 Degrees – 170 Feet
- 40 Flap – 50 MPH Approach at 3 Degrees – 150 Feet.
- Landing Over a 50 Foot Obstacle
- 40 Flap, 10 Degree Approach Angle at 60 MPH – 640 Feet.
- Besides being a great plane for the bush, the Sherpa also has docile and predictable instrument flight characteristics:
- Vectors – 120 MPH – 29 PPH
- No Flap Final – 100 MPH – 28 PPH
- Flap 20 Final – 80 MPH – 29 PPH
- Flap 20 Final – 65 MPH – 29 PPH
- Missed Approach – 80 MPH, 5 Degree Climb Gradient, 32 PPH
The experimental K650T has not been seen with skis or floats but we provide you with versions for any condition all test flown in the toughest conditions to ensure you have a plane that will get you in and out of the trickiest places. Our cockpit is a replica of the experimental turbine Sherpa. In the future, as the actual birds get glass cockpits and more refined displays we’ll follow with updates. Our payload bays will come with options for hunting/fishing camp resupply or passengers and our proprietary pilot.
The Sherpa’s high visibility cockpit combined with STMA’s Tracker XP 3D plugin is sure to give you hours of realistic flight experience. This aircraft will hook you!
The Sherpa K650T now incorporates AutoUpdate (AU). When enabled it automatically checks for updates every time you load an AU-enabled model or plugin in X-Plane. No more worries about whether or not your model is current. No more complex download procedures or endless inquiries to support staff. Don’t want to update your model or not connected to the internet? If it's a model, simply click on the AutoUpdate Dock to disable it.
How will you know if your model or plugin has AutoUpdate? When you load the model into X-Plane you’ll see the AutoUpdate Dock above the STMA Dock in the left margin of the X-Plane window. A momentary file update notice will appear for each installed AU-equipped plugin in the lower left corner of the screen. If updates are available, a progress bar consisting of small pluses (+) and the file name(s) of the updated files will persist until all files are updated. AutoUpdate also appears as a plugin in the Plugins menu. When you select it AU's current state is indicated.The real version kit price is $750k. You’ll get ours for the usual fair price!