We are pleased to present the Aviat A-1A Husky. Flight model data was extracted from the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) and from the pilot operating handbook (POH), supplemented by Papa Mac’s library of airplane data and input from highly experienced Husky owner and flight instructor, Todd Denning. The 3d cockpit was set up to represent as accurately as possible the airplane he flies on a daily basis. The flight characteristics are very realistic. Here’s what he wrote me this morning: "Excellent models, Jim. They all fly like the real ones on my custom HOTAS and pedals."
Ready to visit Madagascar and land on jungle bush strips? How about landing on a remote Alaskan airstrip? Or tackling a landing on a glacier or in an alpine lake? Fire up the 180 HP engine and take off on an exhilarating X-Plane flying experience! The kit includes:
- a Husky on animated retractable skis.
- a Husky on animated amphibious floats.
- a bush Husky on tundra tires and with a cargo pod.
- a "wheels" Husky which has exposed main landing gear tires for operations off-airport or on grass fields.
- a "wheelpants" Husky which you can use to take your lady friend for a Sunday afternoon flight.
Liveries by Peter Fischer
- A brand new default "C-HUSK" skin, including a Hi Res version, and 3 brand new exciting skins: D-EMML, F-GUSY, and G-HSKE.
- 3 newly updated skins: Blue-White, NAT2003, and Ol Yellow
- GoodWay and FSE Compatible.
- Flight model optimized the latest X-Plane version and flight tested by Husky owner and CFI, Todd Denning. He reports that it as realistic as being in the airplane.
- 3 brand new skins and the other 4 updated
- Brand new 3D modeling of the entire airframe and cockpit. Peter has outdone himself in texturing this cockpit. I was impressed and I know you will be, too.
- Electrical system revised to meet the latest requirements.
- New Dynamic cockpit lighting. All cockpit surfaces reflect the light from the panel and cockpit flood lights and the flight instrument are back-lit which makes the night cockpit look much more realistic.
- A new, truly unique map light which at the flip of the switch, provides extra illumination for the primary flight instruments.
- New, extremely realistic instruments including a unique combo CHT/EGT gauge and a Recording Electronic Tach (Wheelpants model only).
- The Hobb’s Meter built into the tachometer accurately records the time (it’s set to 00.0 as shipped) and accumulates accurately from flight to flight.
- Manipulator-based cockpit controls for the carb heat, propeller, and throttle levers, flap handle, trim wheel, engine primer, and even the joystick. Manipulators animate the entire object so you can click, hold, and move the control through its entire range as naturally as if you were holding the actual control in your hand. Read the readme.pdf and then try flying the model with the cursor alone. It’s easy!
- Animated engine cowling, door, window, & baggage compartment door. The baggage compartment is already packed for that wilderness adventure you’re planning!
- Useful additions to the plug-in: The registration (tail) number changes automatically when you change liveries; and a new custom command "ties" the airplane down on the land or ties it in place or to a dock on the water. When used in conjunction with a specific HangarOps KeyCode, it can be used to raise the floatplane on one of our unique animated aircraft lifts.
- Operational tips, a checklist, and performance charts extracted from the airplane Pilot Operating Handbook (POH) in PDF format.
- Checklister (tm) checklist.
- Bob Feaver’s unique animated pilot.
- Our unique HangarOps plug-in which lets you “tug” your Beaver around the ramp and place it in your very own animated hangar! Free hangars are included with the model!
This model has so many unique operational features make sure you thoroughly read and understand the readme.pdf file that accompanies the model before flying it.
See Peter's latest Husky Adventures here.