The de Havilland DHC-3 Otter is a single-engined, high wing, propeller-driven, STOL aircraft developed by de Havilland Canada. It was conceived to be capable of performing the same roles as the earlier and highly successful Beaver, but was overall a larger plane.
The Otter is a great plane for Bush Flying. Similar to the Beaver but caries a much larger load.
PURCHASE THE X-PLANE 10 & 11 DHC3 AT THE X-PLANE.ORG STORE
Bookmark and periodically check STMA’s Plugin Update Bin (PUB)
for the latest news on STMA products and plugin updates.
These are replicas of the De Havilland DHC-3 Otter and two turbine variants: The Pratt & Whitney PT6 powered Turbine Otter and the Garrett TPE-332 powered Super Otter. They were created from the airplane’s Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS), pilot operating handbook (POH), engine and maintenance manuals, PapaMac’s experience flying the otter, and with the technical assistance of another otter pilot. This model is designed to be usable by both casual X-Plane users and professional pilots.
These are brand new models, built from the ground up to be compatible with X-Plane's latest version, but based on both our previous otter offerings and Michael Wilson’s otter, which we obtained the rights to in 2010.
The model includes so many exciting new features that it’s difficult to pick out the most important ones to tell you about:
- A new fully animated exterior with animated doors, realistic lighting, and confifurable passenger seats.
- A robot tug which uses the Shade Tree Micro Aviation (STMA) Remote Control to move the aircraft into and out of our HangarOps animated hangars.
- A manipulator-based 3D cockpit so realistic that we use the aircraft POH to describe the functions.
- A total of twelve exciting new skins included with the models. Other new skins will be released periodically.
- Our exclusive popup STMA dock which allows you to open and close the doors; pop up portions of the instrument panels to make adjusting settings or radios, the autopilot, GPS, and transponder more easy for aging eyes; locking and unlocking the flight controls; applying wheel chocks and remove-before-flight flags; and towing the airplane around on the ground from either the dock or from the HangarOps remote control.
- STMA’s unique aircraft registration "tail" number naming utility.
- STMA’s unique utility which accurately keeps track of the Hobbs time for this specific aircraft.
- Improved 3D modeling, resulting in up to double previous frame rates.
- Improved cockpit and external lighting.
- Functional Internal Communication System (ICS) audio panel
- Marker Beacon lights now press-to-test now works.
- All other known bugs as reported by customers or identified internally, fixed.
For a detailed look at the otter cockpit and cabin and to see how our TrackerXP plugin can make flying the aircraft a snap, watch this YouTube video.
For additional model details download a free copy of the informational brochure and technical data here.
PURCHASE INCLUDES FREE UPGRADES AND SUPPORT THROUGH THE END OF THE LATEST X-PLANE VERSION'S RUN!